21.12.08

Christmas Balloons

Matotea is just about getting old enough to enjoy celebrating things - not in any deep kind of a way, but we know what a 'cadeau' is and we've noticed the balloons in the local store and post office this week, yesterday I found her busy drawing away, when I asked her what she was drawing she told me 'balloons' - balloon after balloon after balloon
OK, so her cats and fish also look like balloons, but I think they're actually quite good for 26 months.... She's generally just a scribbler, so this is a marked advance.

I'm really looking forward to this Christmas, I think we're going to have fun. We haven't started decorating the house yet, Viriamu is typically low key about the whole thing, but we need to get moving on the whole thing, before the island's supply of balloons disappears from the stores.

No comments: