14.8.09

The first month

So, we've weathered our first month together as a family of four, and it's no bowl o' cherries, but we're "waving not drowning"....I think!

Heimana has put on over 800g and has grown 5cm (which seems quite remarkable), next month she's aiming to be 'this tall', or so she tells me! She's still a very mellow little creature, but we're having a bit of trouble with the old burping process. Hence several projectile vomit incidents, which I'm told are nothing to be too concerned about but are a little dramatic, and are causing the laundry pile to snowball. But MOSTLY we just like to stare inanimate objects into submission.









Matotea started school on tuesday, and she just LOVES it......by thursday she told me she wanted to go into the schoolyard 'tout-seul', I'm trying not to take it personally, as I see other bigger children crying for their mothers... ..and everyone tells me what a "petite champion" (sshiompion when said with a French-Tahitian accent, and roughly translated means 'very brave') Matotea is..... She's even started to go by that name, when she's not "grand bebe", just so we don't forget there are two bebe's around!







Other than this life goes on, I have lots of jam to make, yesterday it was papaya, today it's soursop......

Viriamu just inherited a horse.

The weather is FREEZING.....and I can't wait for summer!

Matotea is adjusting to life as a big sister. So all in all we're doing OK!

No comments: