27.1.10

There's a crab in our bathroom....dear Liza,

Life in a tropical country is always just that little bit more organic, life seethes around here in a way that we're not used to in the higher latitudes. A couple of days ago, for instance, I noticed that a crab has taken up residence in the outlet of our shower.......he's obviously found a way in from the outside, and is able to lift the cover off the plug-hole from inside the pipe, bingo a ready-made burrow! I think it's pretty funny, my husband thinks I'm mad, but there you go! I guess we'll have to fish him out at some point, but I'm amazed how he's been happily withstanding the hot soapy water he's getting thrown at him on a regular basis. I spent far too much time this afternoon trying to take a photo of him. This is the best I can do, but I think you can see that he's in there....so good enough!

No comments: