8.5.10

California Wedding

Today is my dear friend Sarah's wedding, all the way back in CA. She's getting married on a beach south of SF, off highway 1, an amazingly beautiful part of the west coast. It makes me long for CA, the rugged shorelines, the amazing shows of spring flowers, the sweeping mountains and desolate wilderness.

It also got me all nostalgic, thinking back over our time together as grad students in London, at the NHM. I loved my time living in Vauxhall, in no small part thanks to her. Sarah came out to visit me in CA when I was doing my PhD, and ironically enough came out to CA as a postdoc herself, soon after I left for Tahiti.
She even came out to Rurutu for the wedding, as one of my maids of honor, where she took a fancy to one of my wedding hats!
(Sorry Sarah I couldn't resist)
Now it's her turn, she's getting married to a dashing you man from the Bay Area! It's a real shame that I couldn't make it to the wedding, but I know she'll have a great time, and I can't wait to meet Mr. and Mrs. Dostal. I'm so happy for you, and so sad not to be there..........but beware, the whole tribe will come a vistin' one day!
I can't think of anyone I'd rather have hiked the Grand Canyon with!

No comments: