26.7.11

Heiva (part III)

Almost as soon as it had begun, it was over! Hard to believe that the heiva was officially closed last friday. All of the dance prizes went to Moerai this year (and there are a lot of them, so it's a bit surprising, it's resulted in a lot of grumbling about the whole thing being a fix, what with the mayoral elections coming up, and the Association running the heiva being steered by the mayor's wife!!!). The time has passed without my noticing or blogging, I guess it's because we've been busy with guests and have been more or less without internet this past month. I'm not sure what sort of internet demons we're dealing with here, but we only seem to have connection during the evenings and even then just fleetingly......as always internet/computer problems put me in a really bad mood, it feels like my only connection with the world and I feel like I might drift away into space without it!

No comments: