26.6.12

DIYtastic!

I've recently got really hooked on green living ideas, OK I was already feeling rather pleased with myself over my jams and soap-making, but now I'm getting completely sucked in, making it yourself is so much fun! This is all since I stumbled on a pattern for rag rugs on a great website the Little House in the Suburbs(LHITS), they have a huge array of easy home sustainability tips, and just recently they've published a great book. Last week I made my own home-made deodorant stick (beats stuffing aluminium in your pores) and talc, now I'm thinking a bit more about making my own cleaning products rather buying the seriously toxic stuff from the store - our septic system drains into the garden just meters from the sea, so it's worth considering. I made cream-cheese over the week-end and have a host of other interesting projects to mull over like bee-keeping and goat milking, and why not a mud-brick home with lime rendering while we're at it!


No comments: