6.7.12

Breath of Warm Air!

On sunday I made a trip alone over to the Big Smoke of Tahiti, for an ear problem. It was a warmly welcomed break from life here in the freezer, in Rurutu. There must be 10deg difference in the daytime temperatures (in Rurutu we're in the 20s by day), it never ceases to amaze me how different the climate is! I also got to visit the labyrinthine new (yet somehow already shabby) hospital in Taaone, and spent a long while gazing bemusedly at the over-stocked aisles of Carrefour, the big french supermarket here. I did a fair bit of running around for various bits and pieces, as well as meeting old friends, like Tracey, the other Brit married to a Rurutu......
 
With friends like Tracey who needs a style consultant (these rather natty sunnies, modelled by us, are the perfect gift for the girls, they'll blend right in on the beach out in front of our home!). It was a nice change of air, but now I'm back in the icebox and it's HEIVA season.......





No comments: