2.12.15

In the kitchen

As always I'm busy in the kitchen all year round, and it's a lot of hard work here at the guesthouse, but I hardly ever get fed up of cooking (good job really!). Sometimes when I do start to feel boredom creeping in, then I know it's time to shake things up, new recipes, new ideas or re-visiting forgotten favourites, all do the trick! This year I had fun making pizza-dough with the girls, even if you can't get the good cheese here.

I also had some serious cooking challenges on with long-stay vegetarians and a 'limited' choice of ingredients, but I love the challenge - enter my poi-burgers (poi is a slightly fermented pounded taro purée), this wasn't entirely original, but by gleaning inspiration from the net I managed to perfect these vegetarian burgers, I even made my own burger buns (oh yeah!). I was amazed how delicious they were, just need to have enough coriander in the garden to do them again! I also got inspired to make poi profiteroles too, quite tasty, but more of a novelty trick than anything else, my vanilla poi crémé anglais needs some more work!

Amaiterai, however, doesn't seem to have quite understood the idea of kitchen art!!!!

 

No comments: