10.1.17

Welcoming in 2017!

Ia ora na i te matahiti api or Happy New Year!
January has been filled with the usual festivities, the Tere and Tomora'a 'are, my mother-in-law also welcomed a visiting member of the Parau family, from the Cooks. Aunty Silifu is slowly drawing all the threads of her huge family together, from across the Pacific.

The kids are back in school, the weather's still oppressively hot. I've got a  couple of new translation projects in the pipeline. Issue 93 of the Air Tahiti Magazine is out (here's the online version), with a fabulous article about Rurutu, the images are stunning, and Viriamu makes the opening page of it, a bit of local flavor!!!!
I'm also proud to say that, finally, after a decade of stalling, a big chunk of my PhD work is being published. Thanks in a large part to the perseverance and support of my supervisors George and Rosie, from UC Berkeley. It's almost twenty years now since I started my Pacific adventure, thanks to their generosity, willingly accepting a young undergrad into their lab and home in Hawaii. I certainly wouldn't be here without them!

No comments: