19.3.17

Rurutu near-death experiences

Alright, well it may be a slight exaggeration on my part, but, last week, during a huge thunderstorm, there was a lightning strike nearby that gave me a pretty good electric shock through the laptop. The dangers of freelance translating. It also fried the DSL router and television! But I'm still here to enjoy the dawning of a new day over Unaa, on my Sunday morning croissant run. 
It wasn't quite as scary as the coconut that glanced off my shoulder a few years back, but still, it's up there with cyclones and freak waves. Things are getting back to normal, but it was one costly thunderbolt. The car battery also died on me while I was out and about with a guest yesterday, so, all in all, I'm wondering what I've done to annoy the gods...come to think of it, it's always like this when Viriamu's away!

No comments: