20.4.17

Easter fun


We celebrated Easter this year, with our horse association friends and a couple of roast lamb legs, served with roasted taro, homemade mint sauce and guava jelly. I was impressed with my efforts!
We also enjoyed several Easter egg hunts, thanks to Dorianne, my sister-in-law who’s in Tahiti at the moment and was able to send the chocolate eggs (and the lamb joints also) by air ! Here in Rurutu there was hardly even a bar of chocolate to be found in the stores, let alone Easter eggs ! I am rather proud of the girls, last year I went mad making Easter baskets and origami bunnies – this year it was Matotea who got googling an oversaw the homemade basket making ! She is getting to be a talented craftswoman, not surprising with artsy grandmothers on both sides. The girls and my mother-in-law starred in a documentary about Dorianne and Rurutu weaving, filmed back in February. It’s in French, but the images are beautiful…and Matotea is on horseback with her dad (link).

No comments: