22.1.18

Canning season

It's high "summer", the hottest months of the year, and while it's cooler than Tahiti, I'm at about the limit of my hot weather capacities, what with my fragile British complexion! Even the kids find it hot. Poor things are back in school, sweating it out in the classrooms! But, there's always the beach after school and on the weekends.

It's also still a time of year that I love, because it's preserving season, there's an abundance of pineapples, avocados and passion fruit! I've been busy making a rainbow of jams for the upcoming salon in February.
from left to right: guava jelly, papaya and passion-fruit, pineapple, banana, lime, plantain chutney and soursop


We even collected a few kilos of liquid gold from our bees, our "leave 'em to fend for themselves approach" hasn't been so disastrous after all! Honey from our garden is just the best!

No comments: