26.4.10

Snozzcumbers, red tape and Peppa pig!

It's been a random sort of week, with a few quite unrelated odd things cropping up.

Matotea has started addressing herself as Peppa Pig, and we have to answer to Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig, or suffer the consequences. This role-playing fantasy has been going on for two days now!

I received a weird looking vegetable from my mother-in-law, she told me it was a giant bean, maybe I should plant it so that I can find the crock of gold! But seriously what is this, it looks like a cross between okra and a courgette....and brings to mind snozzcumbers........ 

Sometimes life here in French Polynesia is a little trying - yes, it's true, even here in paradise.  I've been trying to figure out what to do, to get my UK-European drivers license renewed/changed into a French Polynesia/European drivers license. It's an impossibly complicated matter, as is anything involving paperwork here, all the more complicated by the fact that you can't get passport photos done in Rurutu, nor get an official french translation (yeah, hard to believe, but I need to get my license translated by an official translator!). I'm grappling with the realization that I'll need to go to Tahiti to get the pictures done, quite an expensive passport photo that!

Heimana stood up for half a millisecond on her own, and was SOOOO very pleased about it. Almost as pleased as she was to be sharing a ride on Matotea's tricycle (dammit that camera has not yet arrived)!

The bank called me on saturday, weird enough as the Socredo has the least useful opening hours of any bank I know.......but a very polite lady wanted to ask me not to use their online banking facilities, outside of regular banking hours (hmmmmmn! now isn't that the purpose of online banking?).......apparently it was causing some kind of confusion for the computer techs or maybe the fraud squad in Tahiti !?!

No comments: