13.4.10

Today was not my birthday.....

...but we celebrated it, as if it was! I turned 33 on the 11th and, as usual, Viriamu had forgotten....I'm used to it by now, but the funniest thing is that we have another British-Rurutu family staying with us, and they have exactly the same birthday/holiday issues! As we had a houseful on sunday we decided to have a bit of a celebration today.....with a bit of help from our friends, Viriamu organized a nice low-key evening, with a BBQ and birthday cake. He even bought me flowers, so I'm going to have to start swallowing my words if he continues like this! It's been really fun to meet another family dealing with the same cross-cultural issues as us. Matotea, in particular, is just LOVING having three english-french speaking kids to play with, they're all older, so she's struggling to keep up, but, as always, she's still managing to be the center of attention. It's been the best birthday I've celebrated in Rurutu, so far!

No comments: