3.11.10

Ten Reasons why I like living in Rurutu: #7

It's been a good while since I worked on my ten reasons, and what could be a better reason than these? Did I mention the mangoes? Yes, mango season is here again, and this year I'm more determined than ever to make the most of it, you may know that I'm a little bit obsessed with mangoes.
I've already got production rolling with mango jam and mango sorbet.
 
Yesterday we ate steak with green peppercorns and mangoes (delicious!). This week I think I might aim at some chutney and who knows a mango upside down cake and maybe even some dried mangoes before the season's out. I used to love the dried mangoes that my dad brought back from trips to India and the Philippines, now it's just a question of figuring out how to make my own.....

No comments: