11.4.09

Another year goes by...

It's my birthday today, and I can't help but feeling a tiny bit blue. It's not just that I'm thirtysomething, it just isn't the same celebrating over here. The problem is Viriamu never celebrated birthdays as a child, and frankly he doesn't really understand it. This year he's agreed to celebrate, just for me, but there's something gone, the spontaneity or I don't know what. Anyway now I'm stuck, I feel that I should be entitled to celebrate, but then I feel spoilt and Western for doing so. Viriamu suggested that I could prepare a BBQ for us all, but after the school holiday rush it's the last thing I want, so we'll have a Chinese take-out, which is about as exotic as it gets here. I've also indulged myself by ordering a double-chocolate gateau from our excellent patisserie, so there are no good excuses for feeling sorry for myself!

No comments: