6.4.09

Confitures de la maison


I've mentioned it before, but I'm working on a small venture making and selling my own home-made jams, at the moment it's still at the first stages of cottage industry, but I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from our guests and am looking to ramp up production - last year we collected and cut up over 25kg of mango flesh, half of which is in the freezer for future use. I've developed some new recipes - my soursop jam is quite a hit, a recipe that I modified from a posting on blogspot, I might add! Now it's the start of the guava season, so Viriamu and the boys (Tuati and Iro are back here for the Easter hols) have been knocking themselves out collecting guavas. So, I've got to do some experimentation with recipes. Here's a guava jelly that I tried this week, delicious and what a lovely colour.

Incidentally I also tried making guava fool with the left over pulp, it was pretty good too I might add! Just substitute guava for goosberries in any fool recipe - though I prefer one that has a little custard in there instead of gelatin, for extra creaminess.

No comments: